M.E. patients in the UK are all too aware of the ways the NHS falls short in its tests, treatment and care for people with our illness, and it often feels as if no one cares or listens to what we need.
We’re being asked for our suggestions for research to be funded by NIHR for the NHS. Let’s step up and make our ideas for research into new tests and treatments heard.
Tips and ideas:
- If you don’t have a suggestion at the moment you can still submit it at a later date as this is ongoing
- There are only three questions about your suggestion and your answers don’t have to be long.
- Read the information on NIHR’s Help us shape research page so that your suggestion has a good chance of being used, including example answers when you click on the questions at the bottom.
- You could write in Word to start with, as tipsforme suggests in the first comment below, so you can pace yourself without losing your answers and check you’re within the character limits.
- Don’t worry about adding references, or it being a perfect piece of writing.
- You could also paste your submission in the comments section below to give other people some ideas or Tweet about it using #ShapeResearch .
- If you have any questions, you could try asking @OfficialNIHR on Twitter .
- Here’s the form to fill in on the NIHR website .
- You can also apply to be a public reviewer of the research suggestions submitted to the NIHR.
Comments are welcome in the section below.