My post asking you to let me know how your pharmacy has helped you is also generating some great tips from people with M.E. on remembering to take your medication, so I’ve started this post to collect your suggestions.
Some tips so far from Twitter chats:
- Use a seven day dispenser or pill box.
- Set reminders on a computer diary.
- Use a calendar/memo/timer on your phone to set to remind you.
- Have a whiteboard to write notes on.
- Stick post-it notes in obvious places.
- Put medication in a place that reminds you to take it e.g. next to your toothbrush (for drug safety, I must remind you to keep medication out of reach and sight of children, if children live with you or if you have visits from them)
If you have ways of remembering, please feel free to share them by commenting below on this post so that they become part of a permanent resource.
There’s also a new blog post on using apps to manage your medication here
Comments will be moderated and all views will be respected.