Tuesday, 21st November is a pharmacy action day I am involved in as part of my voluntary work as a @WePharmacists Twitter chat coordinator, working with the national pharmacy organisations to raise awareness of the value of pharmacies in reducing winter pressures on the NHS.
The aims of the #pharmacywinter campaign are to:
- promote the roles that community pharmacy teams already play in helping people to stay healthy through winter and reducing pressure on other NHS services;
- warn of the risks if any of these services are lost; and
- highlight the many additional roles that community pharmacies could play in helping people and the NHS through the winter period.
Feel free to join in with the campaign whether you are a patient or health professional. Here’s how:
- Add a Twibbon to your Twitter profile photo
- Tweet during the action day using the #pharmacywinter hashtag. You can find some ideas for tweets on the PSNC #pharmacywinter campaign page
- Join in with the @WePharmacists Twitter chat I’m hosting in the evening, 8-9pm. We’ll be joined by the PSNC, RPS and NPA amongst other pharmacy organisations. Here are the questions which will be posed during the chat: